CMU CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
CMU rarely cancels classes. In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel classes for the night, the following procedures are followed to alert students:
- Decisions about cancelling classes are made by 3:00 pm on the day of class.
- Students may call 314-227-4400 after 3:00 pm to check on the status of their class.
- The Director of Student Services will send an email to each student using the email address provided to CMU by the student to let them know that class has been cancelled.
- Students can check the CMU Adult Degree Program website for updates on class cancellation. The web address is http://adp.centralmethodist.edu/SchoolNews. It will also be posted on the main website for CMU at http://www.centralmethodist.edu/.
- Instructors will communicate with their students during the next class period how the missed night of class will be handled.
- KTVI – Fox 2 will be the official news station for CMU in St. Louis. This is the only station we will use to post class cancellations. They also post school closures on their website fox2now.com under their Weather tab. When classes are cancelled, we will be listed as Central Methodist Univ-St. Louis. That will mean that all classes at all Adult Degree Program locations have been cancelled for the night.
It is up to each student to make sure they are aware of their class schedule. Because of the strict attendance policy of the Adult Degree Program, missing class can have a big impact on student success. If you have any concerns or question about this, please contact your Academic Advisor at 314-227-4400.
The following document outlines the emergency procedures to be followed in the case of a natural disaster or emergency situation. Students and faculty should familiarize themselves with the procedures just in case one of the situations described ever arises.